This town hall will provide an overview of PCORI and the information applicants may need to submit a responsive application for these Broad PCORI Funding Announcements - Cycle 1 2018.
- Addressing Disparities Assessment of Prevention
- Assessment of Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment Options
- Communication and Dissemination Research
- Improving Healthcare System
We would like to inform you that the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) will be updating the Addressing Disparities Priority Area Research Areas of Interest, within the Broad PCORI Funding Announcement for Cycle 1 2018, with a focus on the following topics:
- Diagnosis, Initiation of Treatment, and Retention of African Americans and Hispanics/Latinos along the HIV Care Continuum
- Interventions to Reduce Disparities in Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Insomnia
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Delivery for American Indian/Alaska Native Populations with Opioid Misuse Disorders
The goal of these areas of interest is to support patient-centered clinical effectiveness research (CER) that addresses important questions regarding strategies to improve health and healthcare outcomes for vulnerable populations at risk for experiencing disparities.
Please note that for this Cycle 1 2018 funding announcement, we now have two options for direct costs and maximum project periods. Applicants may submit Letters of Intent for either awards of up to $2 million in direct costs over a maximum period of three years or awards up to $5 million in direct costs over a maximum period of four years.
PCORI’s mission is to improve the quality and relevance of evidence available to help patients, caregivers, clinicians, employers, insurers, and policy makers make informed health decisions. We invite you to review this pre-announcement, available on our website, and share this information with others who may be interested. We also invite you to register for the Town Hall on February 1, 2018. The funding announcement will be released on January 16, 2018.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.